Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Apple Does Not Fall Far From The Tree

In high school, about once a month, my mother would get locked out of the house. Whether it was her or the kids locking her out, I would get a pass from the school to dismiss me from class to go home and let her in. Then make the trek back to school.

A couple months ago, I got locked out of our house while mowing the lawn. Luckily Erica would be home in 4 hours so I went running and then fell asleep on the front porch. This time was a bit different.

This afternoon, there was a knock on the back door. It was Landon and Parker trying to STEAL our beer pong table. Parker had pulled up in our back alley and Landon had climbed over the fence thinking we would leave our shed unlocked and they could grab it without Erica or I ever knowing. Wrong. After much debate I went out to let Landon in our shed.

On my attempt back in the house, I realized the door was locked. So I quickly yelled at the boys to wait so they could help me. Help me do what? I don't know. But Erica was in KC and I was still in my pajamas and it was 31 degrees. Parker and Landon tried to use credit cards and other devices to break into the house. They didn't work so I had to call a locksmith. While I waited for the locksmith, the boys left-yeah I know, and I hung out at my neighbors, Lauri (pronounced like Sorry if you were wondering) and talked crazy for about an hour.

The locksmith finally shows up and it was not as easy as in the movie "The Italian Job". He put a blood pressure pump in the door (that basically acted like a giant credit card) and didn't work, then used a can of hairspray or something. Then FINALLY broke out the Italian Job tools. $75 and 1.5/2 hours later, I am in the house. Hot after my hot shower!!!

Pretty much I blame Parker and Landon for the whole thing, but why wouldn't I?? But, there is a Temptation Island Marathon on, so that basically makes the day awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment