Friday, January 29, 2010

Hot Water

This morning started out like any other. I wake up, talk to Erica about the fact that the heat does not work and the guy that will be coming to fix it, then go to take a shower. I turn on the water and its freezing cold. I go check the pilot light and it is indeed out on the hot water heater. Mini panic attack. Erica offers that I shower at Cooper but its already 7:45 and I would be super late to work (instead of my normal 30 minutes late to work). I call Rachel and ask if I can use her shower. Being the good friend she is, she says yes. She has to leave for work at 8 so I throw a bunch of stuff in a bag and head over.

Of course its raining so the drive takes twice as long.

I get to Rach's, shower, get creeped out why her cats watch me. I am already running late so I decide to do my make up at work. Do my hair (which looks awful by the way) go to get dressed. Get creeped out again by the cats, and realize that I forgot to pack pants. MAJOR PANIC ATTACK.

I calm down and realize that I dropped some off at the dry cleaners the other day so I put on my cardigan, sweats and tennis shoes to go pick the pants up. Take one more look at the creepy cats and leave. I pick them up and realize I have no wear to change.

So I walk into work (45/50 minutes late) with a cardigan, sweat pants, tennis shoes and no make up on. Who do I get on the elevator with? The douchey sales guy that makes some comment about superman and changing in the elevator...ugh. Haahah..yea, that's how I decided to get dressed this morning. I then proceed to get made fun of why I am brushing my teeth (did I mention I didn't have time to do that as I left this morning-good thing I have a toothbrush and toothpaste in my desk) and changing in the bathroom. Like a homeless person.

Its 11:06 am and I still have no make up on. Good thing I am so naturally good looking...

go stars.

3 comments:

  1. bahahaha :) I can imagine you telling this in person. When I read your blog, I seriously read it as if you are telling me the story in your own voice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um this is the funniest post ever. The only thing that would make this better is a snapshot of you, in the sweatpants, brushing your teeth in the bathroom at work. But I have to agree, you can pull the natural look off with the best of them :)

    ReplyDelete