Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Counterfeit

So working in the Entertainment industry, I have seen my fair share of counterfeit tickets and even some dollar bills, but today I encountered a first.

So at about 4:30, Delma, Amy and I went to the pop machine. I put in my 3 quarters to get my DDP (Diet Dr. Pepper). However, one of the quarters would not go in. I tried about 6 times then gave up. On my way back to my office I took a closer look at the quarter. Not only was it not the same size as a regular quarter but it was a different type of metal and color. George's head on the front was "3D" off the quarter, I mean it feels completely different. AND on all quarters there is a letter to the right of Washington's pony tail, no letter here.

So of course I tell about everyone at work. No joke, multiple people ask me where I got the quarter. "Um, I don't know. Let me go check my coin diary at home" .... scroll diary pages- "1963 quarter - Goodcents on Monday, January 4th." Yes that is where I got it!

I can't imagine that making fake money is an easy task, why would you talk all of your time to make fake quarters? If I was going to make fake money it would be 20s and hundies. Does this person only pay in quarters?

Moral of this story (like there is one): Look out for a person who only pays in quarters.

2 comments:

  1. those tricksters......and their 3D George W's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never laughed so hard in my life…thanks Heather :)

    ReplyDelete