Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lent


So as most of you know, today is Ash Wednesday. On Monday, I contemplated giving up alcohol. I was pretty dead set on it. Then I was informed that you cannot make clauses in your lent contract. I knew I was going to Stillwater for the KU game, and then there is St. Patty's day....so I wanted to "not drink" 38 out of 40 days. Then I realized that there are some days (mainly after work) that you just really need a drink. Last night, at Cuba Libre for Taryn's birthday, I was drinking my "Cuba Libre" (a drink that is frozen rum and coke-like an adult slurpie) I thought to myself "I am really glad I am not giving up alcohol." Low and behold...I am giving up pop.

You may think I am being a wimp. But I love pop...mainly Diet Dr. Pepper. Almost more than life itself. And I don't really care for coffee. There is actually a 12-pack of Cherry DDP under my desk right now and I swear it is whispering to me... "Heather..drink me. I am so fizzy and delicious." Alas-I have managed to hold off an hour without one. However, it is all I can think about. Hence, the blog.

Just look how much that monkey is enjoying its DDP. But I suppose if Jesus can give up food, I can give up DDP.

P.S. Water is boring.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, this is quite a task. Seriously, I should probably give up pop..but I would have headaches and die. I can't wait to hear how you do!!! You will rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a much better person than I am. I just can't resist those 23 delicious flavors...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What would you do if I delivered a case of DDP to your office RIGHT NOW?! What would you do Heather? What?!

    ReplyDelete