Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Top Chef Olathe

I was home for a quick trip this past weekend in Olathe. The whole family loves cooking shows and so we did our own little competition. Previously, the kids had done a dessert round. Cody was ahead by 1 point after round 1. We decided to do appetizers this time, so the kids told us what they wanted to make and then my mom and I went to the store to purchase all the goodies. Each kid got a Sous Chef to help, myself, my mom and my stepdad Scott. After the tasting the sous chefs went down in the basement to judge.

Chef:Sous Chef

Jared: Mom (Paula)



Korie: Scott



Cody: Me!




The following are the final product with judges commentary underneath...



Cody had nice use of the pantry with the tortillas and taco seasoning. He had an abundance of food but his food lacked contrast of color. 12 out of 15 points.



Jared's wings had excellent taste and the presentation was wonderful. Way to know your judges Jared!. However he didn't stretch himself. 13 of 15 points.
(My commentary: these were the bomb.com, we marinated them in lime juice/soy sauce)

And the winner is.....



Korie showed excellent creativity. The donuts rocked! However her ravioli lacked substance. 13 out of 15 points. Appointed winner for her creativity and she took a risk.

It was a really fun activity and the kids really enjoyed it. Cody even told me, he "really enjoyed cutting the cheese", which got a laugh from all.

No comments:

Post a Comment